If you gained your existing Door Supervision certificate prior to July 2010, you will need to take this top-up unit in order to re-apply for your License. This is the new 1 & 1/2 day course that was introduced on 1st January 2015. This course is run in Gravesend.
If you re-apply without this qualification the SIA will send you a Security Guarding license.
Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors within the Private Security Industry:
• Counter terrorism issues relevant to a door supervisor
• The role of a door supervisor when first aid situations occur in licensed
• Legislation and requirements regarding children and young people relevant to a
• How a door supervisor can help to keep vulnerable people safe
• Queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door
Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry:
• Physical interventions and the implications of their use
• How to reduce the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used
• Use of non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others
• Use of non-pain related standing, holding and escorting techniques, including
non-restrictive and restrictive skills
• Good practice to follow, after physical interventions
1 & 1/2 days, plus 3 hours pre-course work.
2 multiple choice exams and a Practical Assessment.
Successful candidates will receive a Level 2 Award for Upskilling Door Supervisors within the Private Security Industry
13th - 14th
11th - 12th
Door Supervisors needing to update their licence.