This new three day course was introduced on 1st January 2015, and is designed to train new Security Guards and Security Officers to be employed in industrial or commercial premises, enabling you to achieve the required accreditation to apply for an SIA Licence in Security Guarding.
You should also consider the Door Supervision Course which qualifies you for both Security Guarding and working at Licensed Premises.
Working within the Private Security Industry:
• The main characteristics of the Private Security Industry
• Legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity
• The importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
• Fire procedures in the workplace
• Emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
• The importance of communication skills and customer care
Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry:
• The role of a security officer within the private security industry
• The law relevant to the role of a security officer
• Access and egress control
• Searching relevant to a security officer
• The purpose and functions of different types of electronic and physical
• Reporting and record keeping relevant to a security officer
Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry:
• The principles of conflict management appropriate to their role
• How to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations
• how to develop and use problem solving strategies for resolving conflict
• Good practice to follow, after conflict situations
3 days, plus 9 hours pre-course work.
3 multiple-choice exams.
Successful candidates will receive a Level 2 Award for Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry
21st - 23rd
Anyone who wants to work as a Security Guard.