This one day course will equip you to administer handcuffs safely. The use of handcuffs is becoming more popular for Door Supervisors as a reliable way of restraining people. However proper training is essential to ensure that full account is taken of the legal and medical implications of their use.
- The law relating to the use of reasonable force.
- The use of physical intervention techniques.
- Escorting, holding and guiding skills.
- Possible medical implications regarding the use of handcuffs.
- Potential legal implications regarding handcuff techniques.
- Deployment of handcuffs.
- Application of handcuffs.
Successful candidates will receive a Level 2 Award in Handcuffing
Attendees should have: Level 2 Award in Conflict Management and Level 2 Award in Physical Intervention (both attained as part of the Level 2 Door Supervision or Level 3 Close Protection.)