This is an intensive three-day course leading to the PRINCE2 2017 Foundation examination which takes place on the final day. PRINCE2 is a universally recognised method for managing projects. It helps you work out who should be involved and what they will be responsible for. It gives you a set of processes to work through and explains what information you should be gathering along the way. But PRINCE2 doesn’t do the work for you; it cannot guarantee your projects will be successful. Good projects, which deliver quality results, on-time and within budget are dependent on the capability of people involved from Project Board down to individual team members. This course conforms to the syllabus for those delegates wishing to gain PRINCE2 2017 Foundation level certification.
This course follows the PRINCE2 syllabus, including:
• The process based approach
• Project governance
• Roles & responsibilities
• Product based planning and levels of plans
• Project controls & tolerance
• Management of risk
• Configuration management & change control
• Quality management
• Support services & commercial partnerships
There is some pre-course reading and activities to complete which will be sent prior to the event. During the event there will be some examination preparation evening work to complete.
The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within
an environment supporting PRINCE2. The Foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
• Multiple choice format
• 75 questions per paper
• 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
• 35 marks required (out of 70 available) to pass - 50%
• Closed book
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited
21st - 23rd
4th - 6th
11th - 13th
18th - 20th
• Contractors / consultants who need a fast, flexible training course • Individuals looking to start a career in the Project Management and PRINCE2 environment • New and experienced project staff • People who wish to progress up to Practitioner training • Project team leaders and their staff
Delegates should have an understanding of project management but knowledge of PRINCE2 is not required.