The Level 2 & 3 Bookkeeping course is a blend of the intermediate and advanced levels of the bookkeeping courses and will conclude with you becoming a fully qualified bookkeeper. You will have all the skills and knowledge you need to start your career and be a member of the IAB.
Having a qualification in Bookkeeping gives you the option to pick different career paths as you’ll gain many different skills to give you the opportunity to work in multiple positions.
This course is for people who want to expand on the knowledge they’ve already learnt in the IAB Foundation course and are ready to go forward in their career. This is for people wanting to go into doing accountancy & finance or bookkeeping, business management and payroll & taxes who are looking to expand on their skill set. This is a good course if you’re confident that bookkeeping is want you want to do. A background in admin, secretarial, recruitment or working as a PA would be beneficial in this career.
In your career, you’ll pick up general office skills, Microsoft excel, administration and IT office skills.
You will learn how to account for VAT, maintain petty cash records, process ledger transactions, extract a trial balance and use the Journal to correct errors – skills that will enable you to offer your bookkeeping services on a more professional level.
• Principles of recording and processing financial transactions
• Professional values and basic business legislation
• Principles of VAT
• Preparing and recording financial documentation
• Maintaining and reconciling the cash book
• Maintaining the journal
• Processing ledger transactions and extracting a trial business
• Maintaining control accounts
• Setting up accounting software to manage accounting
• Process routine payments and receipts using a computerised system
• Principles of double entry bookkeeping
• Principles of accounting for non profit organisations
• Fundamentals of incomplete records
• Fundamentals for bookkeeping and accounting for partnerships
• Principles of preparing financial statements for sole traders
• Record transactions and make accounting adjustments
• Prepare financial statements for a sole trader
• Prepare financial statements for a partnership
• Prepare financial statements from incomplete records
• Prepare financial statements for non profit organisations
• Preparing and completing VAT returns
• Managing a computerised accounts system to provide management information
4 x computer based tests (taken at an external test centre)
16 x assignments
What is included:
• Fully downloadable books and course materials
• Sage One Accounts Extra online software*
• Student Membership with the IAB for the duration of your studies
• 12 months tutor support
• 24-hour access to our award-winning Virtual Learning Campus
• Examination fees
• Examination booking service
• Optional subscription to the National Union of Students (NUS) Extra Card
Why study with Home Learning College
• Qualifications accredited by the leading industry professional bodies
• Flexible online courses so there is no need to attend in person
• 96% pass rates: significantly higher than the national average
• Expert tutorial support from tutors experienced in the industry
• One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK
• All inclusive course package
• Flexible payment options
• Professional advice upon enrolment
There aren’t any requirements but a basic qualification in maths and keen interest in bookkeeping. If English is not your first language, an IELTS 5.5 is required.