The Level 1 & 2 Bookkeeping course merges the foundation and intermediate levels of the courses and allows you to learn both in one. This will teach all the skills you need to know so you’re prepared for advanced level.
Having a qualification in Bookkeeping gives you the option to pick different career paths as you’ll gain many different skills to give you the opportunity to work in multiple positions.
This course is for people who have an interest in bookkeeping and want to work within this sector. This is for people wanting to go into doing accountancy & finance or bookkeeping, business management and payroll & taxes who are looking to expand on their skillet. This is a good starting course if you’re just about to start a career in bookkeeping, having a background in admin, secretarial, recruitment or working as a PA would be beneficial in this career.
In your career, you’ll pick up general office skills, Microsoft excel, administration and IT office skills.
You will learn how to account for VAT, maintain petty cash records, process ledger transactions, extract a trial balance and use the Journal to correct errors – skills that will enable you to offer your bookkeeping services on a more professional level.
• Introduction to bookkeeping
• Working within bookkeeping
• Banking procedures
• Preparing and Processing bookkeeping documents
• Recording credit transactions
• Making and receiving payments
• Recording receipts and payments
• Maintaining petty cash records
• Record routine bookkeeping transactions using a computerised system
• Prepare and record sales and purchase documents
• Principles of recording and processing financial transactions
• Professional values and basic business legislation
• Principles of VAT
• Preparing and recording financial documentation
• Maintaining and reconciling the cash book
• Maintaining the journal
• Processing ledger transactions and extracting a trial business
• Maintaining control accounts
• Setting up accounting software to manage accounting
• Process routine payments and receipts using a computerised system
4 x computer based tests (taken at an external test centre)
13 x assignments
What is included:
• Fully downloadable books and course materials
• Sage One Accounts Extra online software*
• Student Membership with the IAB for the duration of your studies
• 12 months tutor support
• 24-hour access to our award-winning Virtual Learning Campus
• Examination fees
• Examination booking service
• Optional subscription to the National Union of Students (NUS) Extra Card
Why study with Home Learning College
• Qualifications accredited by the leading industry professional bodies
• Flexible online courses so there is no need to attend in person
• 96% pass rates: significantly higher than the national average
• Expert tutorial support from tutors experienced in the industry
• One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK
• All inclusive course package
• Flexible payment options
• Professional advice upon enrollment
There are no formal entry requirements for this course although GCSE Maths is essential. If English is not your first language, an IELTS 5.5 is required.