The Advanced Bookkeeping course forms the final stage on the IAB qualification pathway and is level 3 of all the bookkeeping courses; providing you with the higher level skills required of a professionally qualified Bookkeeper, practicing on behalf of Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited companies.
This course is for people who are already in their profession and aiming to move up in their career by gaining more skills. This is for people doing accountancy & finance or bookkeeping, business management and payroll & taxes who are looking to expand on their skillet. This is a good course to aspire to do if you’re just about to start a career in bookkeeping, having a background in admin, secretarial, recruitment or working as a PA would be beneficial in this career.
You will learn how to account for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Not for Profit organisations, work with incomplete records, make adjustments within the Journal and prepare financial statements for a range of purposes, using Sage One Accounts software.
In your career, you’ll pick up general office skills, Microsoft excel, administration and IT office skills.
• Principles of double entry bookkeeping
• Principles of accounting for Not for Profit organisations
• Fundamentals of incomplete records
• Fundamentals of bookkeeping and accounting for Partnerships
• Principles of preparing financial statements for Sole Traders
• Principles of VAT
• Recording transactions and make accounting adjustments
• Preparing financial statements for a Sole Trader
• Preparing financial statements for a Partnership
• Preparing financial statements for incomplete records
• Preparing financial statements for a Not for Profit organisations
• Preparing VAT returns.
6 x computer based tests (taken from home)
3 x exams (taken at an external test centre)
2 x assignments
What is included:
• Printed course materials and online eBooks
• Sage One Accounts Extra online software*
• One-to-one tutorial support
• Regular live online classes
• 24-hour access to the Virtual Learning Campus
• Personalised individual study plan
• Practice tests, class recordings and student forums
• Exams and booking service
• Specialist Career Management service
• Student membership with the IAB.
*Available for the duration of your course
What makes studying with Home Learning College different?:
• Qualifications accredited by the leading industry professional bodies
• Flexible online courses so there is no need to attend in person
• 96% pass rates: significantly higher than the national average
• Expert tutorial support from tutors experienced in the industry
• One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK
• All inclusive course package
• Flexible payment options
• Professional advice upon enrollment.
• Hold the IAB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping and IAB Level 2 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping. • Have considerable bookkeeping and Sage experience. • If English is not your first language, an IELTS 5.5 is required.