The Intermediate Bookkeeping course will help build on your existing bookkeeping and Sage One skills, taking you one step closer to launching a career helping small and medium-sized businesses manage their books.
Bookkeepers play a vital role in business; ensuring financial transactions are recorded accurately and consistently. Bookkeeping can make for an exciting and rewarding career with excellent opportunities.
This course is for people who want to expand on the knowledge they’ve already learnt in the IAB Foundation course. This is for people wanting to go into doing accountancy & finance or bookkeeping, business management and payroll & taxes who are looking to expand on their skillet. This is a good starting course if you’re just about to start a career in bookkeeping, having a background in admin, secretarial, recruitment or working as a PA would be beneficial in this career.
In your career, you’ll pick up general office skills, Microsoft excel, administration and IT office skills.
You will learn how to account for VAT, maintain petty cash records, process ledger transactions, extract a trial balance and use the Journal to correct errors – skills that will enable you to offer your bookkeeping services on a more professional level.
• Principles of recording and processing financial transactions
• Professional values and basic business legislation
• Principles of VAT
• Banking procedures
• Preparing and recording financial documentation
• Maintaining petty cash records
• Maintaining and reconciling the cash book
• Maintaining the journal
• Processing ledger transactions and extracting a trial balance
• Maintaining control accounts
• Setting up accounting software to manage accounting information
• Processing routine payments and receipts using a computerised system.
4 x computer based tests (taken from home)
2 x exams (taken at an external test centre)
3 x assignments
What is included:
• Printed course materials and online eBooks
• Sage One Accounts Extra online software*
• One-to-one tutorial support
• Regular live online classes
• 24-hour access to the Virtual Learning Campus
• Personalised individual study plan
• Practice tests, class recordings and student forums
• Exams and booking service
• Specialist Career Management service
• Student membership with the IAB.
*Available for the duration of your course
Why study with Home Learning College
• Qualifications accredited by the leading industry professional bodies
• Flexible online courses so there is no need to attend in person
• 96% pass rates: significantly higher than the national average
• Expert tutorial support from tutors experienced in the industry
• One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK
• All inclusive course package
• Flexible payment options
• Professional advice upon enrollment
GCSE Maths is essential. To enrol on the IAB Intermediate Bookkeeping course you must already hold the IAB Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping and IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping; or have basic bookkeeping and Sage experience. If English is not your first language, an IELTS 5.5 is required.