Bookkeepers play a vital role in business; ensuring financial transactions are recorded accurately and consistently. Bookkeeping can make for an exciting and rewarding career with excellent opportunities.
Bookkeeping involves gaining skills using Sage, Microsoft Office, administration and other business skills that’ll help progression in the future career that you pick.
The Foundation Bookkeeping course will give you a comprehensive introduction to the basic principles of bookkeeping, teaching you how to work with manual and computerised systems, the process of double-entry bookkeeping, banking procedures and how to prepare and record sales and purchase documents.
This course is for people who are ready to take the first step for their bookkeeping career. This is for people wanting to go into doing accountancy & finance or bookkeeping, business management and payroll & taxes who are looking to expand on their skillet. This is a good starting course if you’re just about to start a career in bookkeeping, having a background in admin, secretarial, recruitment or working as a PA would be beneficial in this career.
• Introduction to bookkeeping
• Working within bookkeeping
• Banking procedures
• Recording receipts and payments
• Recording and processing bookkeeping documents
• Recording credit transactions
• Making and receiving payments
• Maintaining petty cash records
• Recording routine bookkeeping transactions using a computerised system
• Preparing and recording sales and purchase documents using a computerised system.
3 x computer based tests (taken from home)
2 x exams (taken at an external test centre)
1 x assignment
What is included:
• Printed course materials and online eBooks
• Sage One Accounts Extra online software*
• One-to-one tutorial support
• Regular live online classes
• 24-hour access to the Virtual Learning Campus
• Personalised individual study plan
• Practice tests, class recordings and student forums
• Exams and booking service
• Specialist Career Management service
• Student membership with the IAB.
*Available for the duration of your course
Why study with Home Learning College
• Qualifications accredited by the leading industry professional bodies
• Flexible online courses so there is no need to attend in person
• 96% pass rates: significantly higher than the national average
• Expert tutorial support from tutors experienced in the industry
• One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK
• All inclusive course package
• Flexible payment options
• Professional advice upon enrollment.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course although GCSE Maths is essential. If English is not your first language, an IELTS 5.5 is required.